Our Social Responsibility
At palmer//harding we have always taken social responsibility seriously and care deeply about the lives of the people involved in the production of our garments.
- We require our suppliers, factories and mills to follow palmer//harding’s internal code of conduct which can be downloaded and viewed HERE
- Statement of Expectations - We hold our suppliers accountable to follow labor rights expectations set out by the International Labour Organisation and Ethical Trading commission .
- We are unable to publicly share our factory and supplier details due to sensitive information as well as the competitive nature of the fashion industry. However we keep a report of all our suppliers company code of conduct to insure that they are aware of and follow laws set by their own countries standards.
- We visit our European factories at least once per year to review their working standards and only work with factories that follow local and EU legislation regarding legal and ethical regulations and provide safe work spaces, fair working hours and fair pay.
- We respect peoples work life balance and as such palmer//harding staff work no more than a 8 hour work day and no weekends.
- If you are interested in learning more about our efforts please email us directly at email@example.com
Our Charitable activities
- For Pre-Fall 22, Fall 22, Pre-Spring 23 and Spring 23 we partnered with youngminds.org.uk the UK’s leading mental health charity for young people. We contributed £1 for every garment made in these seasons towards a their cause. Alongside this financial contribution, we communicated our partnerships on our hangtags to provide discovery points for a global audience for the charity as well as provide informative lifelines for people who may require the assistance of our charitable partner.
- For Spring 21 Pre-Fall 21, Fall 21, Pre-Spring 22 and Spring 22 we partnered with chayn.co which is a survivor-lead network addressing gender based violence, helping people experiencing abuse find the resources needed to take control of their lives. We contributed £1 for every garment made in these seasons towards a their cause. Alongside this financial contribution, we communicated our partnerships on our hangtags to provide discovery points for a global audience for the charity as well as provide informative lifelines for people who may require the assistance of our charitable partner.
- We understand that communication is a major part of the journey towards a more sustainable and responsible industry. Since 2020 we have communicated our efforts in our care labels, hang tags, retailer training materials, website and in various press opportunities. We are excited to contribute our creativity in a meaningful way as we continue to navigate the ever changing landscape of fashion.